Message from Professor Ian Holliday, Vice-President and Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Teaching and Learning)
Dear colleagues and students
The Covid-19 situation in HK remains very worrying and is affecting the entire education sector. I’m writing with updated arrangements for all UG and TPG programmes offered by HKU in S2.
- Starting from next week, HKU will teach in online mode only.
- For students who are unable to come to HK, online delivery is guaranteed for the rest of S2.
- When possible, we will schedule f2f sessions for courses with laboratory, practical and studio work. Students who are not in HK will be able to complete the sessions remotely. Individual Faculties will contact students directly about these arrangements.
- Towards the middle of S2, we will issue detailed guidelines for the main S2 assessment period in May. Students on non-clinical programmes who are not in HK will be able to undertake their assessments remotely.
- When possible, we will maintain an open campus. This will enable students to make use of HKU Libraries, Chi Wah Learning Commons and other designated study facilities, including additional learning commons and classrooms.
- Clinical programmes will contact their students directly with detailed S2 arrangements.
Pls drop me a line with queries – email@example.com.
Best wishes for the Year of the Tiger!
Professor Ian Holliday